Terms and Conditions
Ticket Purchasing Policy
The purchase of tickets via the website or on site for movie performances infers that, you, the Customer, accept and agree to the following Terms and Conditions. Please consult the Ticket Purchasing Policy regularly as it can be updated and amended from time to time without notice.
Purchasing Tickets Remotely
Theatre tickets for The Stella Theatre are sold by our online booking system at www.stellatheatre.ie (“Remote Booking Purchases”). Such Remote Booking Purchases can be made using credit/debit cards.
A booking fee will apply to Remote Booking Purchases. This is a non-refundable surcharge which is levied for the additional service of allowing preferred seat selection in advance of a performance and the processing of debit/credit card transactions. Details of the booking fee can be found [here]
The online booking system requires the Customer to provide an email address and to input the cardholder’s name, card type, card number, card expiry date and the security code on the back of the card (CVV or similar) in order to make payment.
The Customer should ensure all details of the booking are correct before confirming the purchase of their tickets. The Stella Theatre do not accept any responsibility for bookings that are incorrect due to error on the part of the Customer (for example incorrect time, date, number of tickets etc).
If the Customer experiences problems with the online booking process, please call the phone number of the theatre specified on the booking page during normal working hours or email [email address] outside of normal working hours.
Once the booking has been processed by the online system, the Customer will receive a confirmation email to the email address they have supplied with all the relevant details of their booking.
The Stella Theatre is not responsible for a Customer selecting the wrong ticket type; ie time, date or ticket type (adult/ senior/child etc). Customers found to be in possession of invalid tickets will be directed to a retail till where a member of the management team will refund their booking allowing them to purchase the correct tickets. The same seat selection cannot be guaranteed. Booking fees will not be refunded. Please note that refunded transactions will take 3-5 working days to return to a Customer’s account.
The Stella Theatre will endeavour to ensure that the Customer is provided with the seat that was selected at the time of booking. However, The Stella Theatre cannot guarantee the seating allocation and reserve the right to make changes if necessary.
Collecting Tickets Purchased Remotely
Tickets can only be collected in the theatre lobby area. To collect tickets purchased by the Remote Booking Process the Customer must present and use the credit/debit card that was used to purchase the tickets. The Customer should insert the card into one of the automatic ticket collection points or they can present the card to a theatre representative at any till point.
Tickets must be collected within the first 30 minutes of the performance start time. Tickets will not be issued after this time has elapsed.
Tickets Purchased Onsite
Tickets can be purchased onsite from a till point in the lobby area. Payment can be made either by cash or using a debit/credit card.
Tickets will be issued to the Customer at the time of purchase. Please retain these tickets for presentation to the theatre staff for entry (and re-entry if required) to the screen at the show time selected.
The Customer should ensure all details of the booking are correct before confirming purchase of their tickets. The Stella Theatre does not accept any responsibility for bookings that are incorrect due to error on the part of the Customer (for example incorrect time, date, number of tickets or ticket type [adult/ senior/child] etc).
Promotional vouchers or The Stella Theatre gift cards may be used to purchase tickets onsite at any retail till.
Refunds will be permitted only in exceptional circumstances and at the sole discretion of the Manager on duty. Refunds can be processed no later than 4 hours before commencement of the relevant screening except where:
- An exchange of tickets can be facilitated
- An incorrect ticket type has been purchased
In such cases the Manager on duty will ensure that the correct tickets are issued and the correct payment received.
CUSTOMER ADMISSION POLICY
By entering this theatre premises, you, the Customer accept and agree to the below Terms and Conditions. Please consult our Customer Admission Policy regularly as it can be updated and amended from time to time without notice. Our Customer Admission Policy is available to view in the theatre and on our website www.stellatheatre.ie
- Management reserves the right to:
- refuse admission to any person whether or not they are found to be in breach of these terms.
- remove any person from the premises found to be in breach of these terms
- Prior to entering beyond the ticket checkpoint, all customers must be in possession of a valid ticket. Tickets can be purchased from our retail area or the website. This ticket will be accepted as receipt of payment.
- Customers must retain their tickets while on the theatre premises. Tickets will be required to allow re-entry into the screen. The Stella Theatre staff reserve the right to request presentation of a Customer’s ticket at any time.
- Customers should ensure they have been given the correct change before stepping away from the retail counter as queries subsequent to this will be impossible to verify.
- In the case of an allocated seating performance, Customers should arrive before the start of the programme. The theatre will not be able to guarantee Customers their selected seats after the main feature starts. The Stella Theatre will make every effort to accommodate late comers. In order to avoid disturbing other Customers late comers who arrive after the main feature has started will only be allowed to enter the screen at the discretion of the Manager on duty.
- If requested, theatre staff will strive to provide Customers with appropriate film information. However, The Stella Theatre does not accept responsibility for artistic or entertainment value of the content shown.
- For our policy on Refunds please see the section above under Ticket Purchasing Policy.
- The Stella Theatre are required to uphold and implement the age restrictions as specified by the Irish Film Classification Office (IFCO). Please visit the IFCO website here. In the event that a member of staff is of the opinion that a Customer does not meet the minimum age requirement and the Customer is unable to provide photographic proof that they are of the required age, The Stella Theatre will not permit entry to that performance or film.
- Parents and guardians shall remain responsible for the child or children in their care whether or not the child or children are accompanied into the screen by that parent or guardian.
- Customers, who, in the opinion of the Management, conduct themselves improperly while on these premises, may be requested to leave by a member of staff. No refund will be made. Customers must not engage in any conduct towards, or speak to staff or other guests in a manner which may offend, insult, intimidate, threaten, disparage or vilify any person on any basis whatsoever, including but not limited to race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, gender or that person’s physical attributes. Whenever possible, we will seek to prosecute individuals who behave in this way on our premises.
- In the event that a Customer becomes abusive or unruly or who, in the opinion of the Manager on duty, acts in an inappropriate manner that Customer may be removed from the theatre and barred from entry in the future. Garda assistance may be sought in such event.
- The Stella Theatre reserves the right to search Customers and their possessions before entry to and whilst on the theatre premises. Customers who refuse to co-operate with such a search will be refused entry or will be removed from the premises. Anyone found to be in possession of a weapon or illegal substances shall be refused entry or removed from the premises and the Gardai will be contacted.
- Only alcohol bought on the premises can be consumed in the theatre. Licencing laws shall be strictly enforced.
- No illegal substances may be brought into or consumed on the premises.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the building (including use of E-cigarettes).
- Hot or cold food or drink brought in from outside of the theatre may not be consumed on the premises.
- Photography and audio/visual recordings are strictly prohibited in any of the screens during a performance. Customers may not bring any sound or video recording equipment into the screen auditorium. It is a serious criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy any movie or copyright protected material shown in a screen auditorium.
- Use of mobile phones is not permitted in the auditoriums.
- The Stella Theatre takes no responsibility for goods lost, damaged or stolen while on the premises.
- The Stella Theatre will do everything possible to ensure the show and operating times of the theatre are true to the advertisements. However due to circumstances beyond our control there may be times that a movie has to be cancelled or shown at different time. Material published by third parties containing false or misleading information relating to the timing of our screenings will not be responsibility of The Stella Theatre.
- In the case of a screening cancellation or evacuation which arose as a result of a situation beyond The Stella Theatre’s control, Customers will be issued with a complimentary ticket. A full refund will be issued in exceptional circumstances. Customers must present their original tickets to avail of a complimentary ticket. The Stella Theatre will not be liable to reimburse the Customer for any expenses or other losses incurred (including but not limited to travel expenses or car parking costs).
- Please note: CCTV monitoring takes place within our premises for the purposes of protecting our Customers, staff and property.